Friday, October 15, 2010

Lots Of Things Happened (Part 1)

Photo By Jenny It-it

THIS IS ALL FOR A REASON.

In life we simply see what’s happening without really knowing the reason why it occurred. Maybe because we were too pre-occupied and overtaken by circumstances that were broadly present at all moment of our time. This is simple. We are humans. We were bound to become what we really are—do mistakes and correct them—and travel around our very own ventures in life.

Talking about life let me share with you what have had happened these past few weeks of my life. A lot actually happened like any other individual experiences too. Since blogging is all about sharing experiences, this time I have to share mine as well.

The Writer Turned EIC

It was never in my thoughts to become an editor in chief in my entire student journalist life. But I would sound hypocrite if I’d deny I dreamt to become an editor at least. It’s not what I expected to turn out to be. It’s even more than that—I became not just an editor but the editor in chief.

This is not to brag or something. This is all about sharing experiences as I’ve said earlier.

I was then in my second year level in college when I decided to join the student publication in our university. It was unfortunate since I failed with my first try. I simply wanted to join because as a Mass Communication student, it would be a plus factor.

Since I failed and really wanted to try out my writing ability, I joined my school’s yearbook team and this time I successfully made it. It was never easy than I thought it was. I became part of the creative writing department. Because I was too timid and shy before I could not attend special meetings with the group and ended up with misunderstandings and at the long run, I quitted.

Another school year opened up for new opportunities like any other year. The student publication where I first tried out once again opened its doors for application; I then undertook the same process like before. Bringing with me some knowledge this time, I effectively made it.

I worked hard to become a productive and effective student journalist. I was scouting for news items in the university while legging for my major subject in the community, all in one time. It’s even beneficial since I used some of my write-ups in the student publication for my major subject.

Like any other individual I had ups and downs. I made one of the biggest mistakes in journalism, like any journalist would not want to execute, they call it “the greatest sin in journalism”. But I learned from there. I tried hard to rescue myself from that bad faith. I became even more productive. After two years being hardworking and productive, I was voted to be next in line.

There came the biggest and tough job that I never thought it was. A lot of struggles and trials came across. I succeeded some but I generally hated most of it. All of us have differences and beliefs. We carry on our very own unique attitude and character. But the problem is we generally don’t understand our differences and respect that. Some possibly understood it in some way or the other but most do not.

That goes with misunderstanding and serious misinterpretations. I could not itemize everything from here. It already came and it could never come back again but it could still be healed. I admit my own mistakes, and hoping the people around me do as well–mend what was broken. Though it might not be fixed as they were before, at least the good relationship is restored.

My being the head had ended. The thing here is I’m not holding and/or carrying with me hatred but loss of trust to their attitude towards work. Things have been said and done. I don’t have any single ill feeling towards my former constituents but you would not take away the idea that I’ll feel a little distress.

Fixed or not, my life is now different this time. But the thing is, I learned from this experience. The person Above knows what He wanted me and the people around to learn from mistakes and understand what it’s meant for. Happy or not, this goes out to be a mere fact.

Let’s see the good side this time with my second handout. Watch out for it! Thank you for reading. How about sharing your own thoughts by adding your comments. Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment