Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Senior Writer turned E.I.C.

A tough job for an inexperience...

It was never in my mind to write, not even to become a member of a student publication like that of The NORSUnian (TN), the weekly student publication of the Negros Oriental State University (NORSU) System. When I first step in as a Mass Communication student in NORSU, I already have had assumed myself to become a radio personality because of the quality of my voice. I even went disk jockeying in one of the famous radio stations in Dumaguete City.

In the length of time, I never did imagine that I will ever go this far - to become an Editor-In-Chief. Never did I realize that this has come to realization now. To what point I am entrusted with this task? - I then asked myself with uncertainty. But I rebut my query with this answer - the staffers see what my capability and ability is.

Relating to my experience as a writer, I have had more than two years now as part of the editorial staff of TN. What did I do during that length? I did what I had to do - to write, write, and write. I also thought of my character as student journalist [to fight for the students' right - of which is the purpose of my stay]. I become very active. I submit articles on time though I pass some late. I join editing and layouting overnight. Little did I know that my attitude plus the output have had add up to become ingredients for the position.

This accounts to the leadership of the incumbent E.I.C., Mr. Junrell Calunod. I will not become who I am today, if not with his help [of course with the rest of the remaining staffers]. Though there are times that I was confused with how he leads and rules the publication but I have seen reasons why he became that way - only for the publication's good.

Everything will be new next school year for the student publication and even the adviser has planned to make exit. I am very positive to what will happen to my administration. I even anticipated that TN staffers will be as cooperative as what they have been showing to the publication at the present. Though there are failures from publishing on time to taking account of the responsibilities of the editors, this should have been corrected now.

I am also taking credit to the former Associate Editor, Ms. Yvoughn Nadine Navarro, her leadership has also aspired me to become better person as well. To my Associate Editor Ms. Maria Margarita Narvasa and the rest of the new elected editorial board, I am looking forward with same cooperation and understanding. Thank you ahead. Humbly speaking, this should go with the flow that has been into years now with the student publication, though most of us are inexperienced with the tough job ahead of us.

2 comments:

  1. congratz tah jeh! i believe in u, u can do it, we can do it through ur leadership.

    ajah tah jeh!u deserve it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can do this with the help of the rest of the new editorial board and staff!!!

    Of course, with the guidance Above!

    ReplyDelete